Following a successful year in 2015, we are increasing our investment in research into digital strategies, data and management of information for the built environment. To do this, we are recruiting data scientists and data analysts within the field of Building Information Modelling (BIM), Internet of Things (IoT) and Geospatial (GEO) data.
Position: Data Scientist / Analyst
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
Location: PCSG Head Office, Croydon / Flexible from home or client offices
Travel: Predominantly UK, some international
About the role:
We are seeking applicants with an understanding of the particular issues associated with BIM, GEO and IoT data – its collection, management, linking and analysis. Current experience in BIM structured data is not essential, but candidates should have experience of related areas.
Relevant research could include optimising the modelling and handling of structured IFC, COBie and geospatial data. It could also include linking with unstructured data from a range of different sources and tools that are emerging from sensors and the IoT.
Successful candidates will enable us to further our engagement with the emerging linked data and semantic web technologies to understand and enable new forms of data linking and analysis. Equally we are interested in practical data interfaces for new smart city infrastructure.
We are looking for inquisitive individuals, who can spot trends in data, with a real desire to learn and bring about positive changes to organisations operating within the built Environment. You must have a talent for discovering hidden insights from multiple complex data sources, and communicating findings persuasively to influence the way our clients approach business challenges.
The Data Scientist / Analyst will be responsible for helping our clients understand their data and realise their business objectives through:
- Providing data analysis to satisfy internal and client needs – to provide periodic updates and present results (in charts, graphs, tables, designing and developing relational databases for collecting data)
- Owning the day to day technical solution implementation for data projects
- Attending meetings to ascertain the client needs and understand the problem to be solved
- Translating high-level requests, problems, and goals into specific analysis action plans
- Developing business cases, and planning and coordinating projects
- Exploring and examining data from multiple disparate sources to draw out insights in order to provide a competitive advantage or address business issues
- Designing and implementing processes and standards for layouts, data input, data structure, usage and modelling
- Presenting research conclusion using appropriate formats for the target audience
- Continually evaluating and staying up to date with Data Science developments
Desired skills and experience:
Applicants should demonstrate a solid foundation typically in computer science and applications, modelling, statistics, analytics and mathematics and provide evidence of the following:
- MSc or PhD level in a related field (minimum of BSc in a related field)
- At least 5 years’ experience of information modelling and design and development of Databases, Data Warehouses and Multidimensional Databases
- Skills and experience in statistical analysis and data mining, data integration, data mapping to identify patterns and trends and solve business problems
- In-depth technical knowledge and experience in one or more areas: BIM, GEO, APIs, mobile and web applications, IFC data, COBie data
- Able to address issues of Data Migration (Validation, Clean-up and Mapping), and understand the importance of Data Dictionaries
- Experience of working as a Solution Architect in a consultative capacity with internal and external customers
- Good written and oral communication skills, to present findings in an accessible way
- Experience collaborating with and influencing business and technical stakeholders
For more information on this vacancy or to apply, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively please visit our careers page.