PCSG’s commitment to ethical and sustainable business practice has been underlined with our accreditation as a Croydon Good Employer.
We join a fast-growing group of organisations based in the borough – including Ikea, Kier Highways and Mind in Croydon, the mental health charity – all of whom have have demonstrated or are working towards alignment with the Croydon ‘Good Employer Charter’.
The charter includes key criteria around fair pay, workplace equality and diversity and employee wellbeing as well as a demonstrated commitment to supporting the local economy.
Simon Cunnington, our Operations Director, was presented with a certificate by local Councillor, Tony Newman, at an event earlier this month.
Simon said:“It was evident at the well-attended presentation that this diverse group of businesses is genuinely enthusiastic and excited about building the local economy and opening up opportunities for further growth. We are delighted to have received this accreditation.”
In addition to helping the organisations we work with to develop and implement sustainable business practices, PCSG also places a strong emphasis on conducting our own operations with awareness of our impact on the environment, other stakeholders and society.
We do this through measures including:
- Placing equality at the core of our recruitment, training and career development programmes.
- Delivering services under our certified ISO14001 and ISO9001 Quality and Environmental Management System and our services are zero carbon – we reduce where we can and offset the remainder of our carbon impact
- Proactively developing initiatives to reduce waste and improve levels of recycling.
- Promoting initiatives to help ensure the wellbeing of our staff in key areas such as mental health
- Using our co-developed Entelligently application to improve energy performance and user comfort in our head-office
The Croydon Good Employer scheme was established as part of efforts to strengthen the local economy in the borough – London’s biggest borough by population.
Its stated mission is to “..become a testatment to the strengths of Croydon’s market by showcasing local businesses’ commitment to their employees, customers, suppliers, business partners and the local community.”
Our accreditation means we will share knowledge with Croydon Council and other local employers, attend local networking events, and continue to actively support the local economy.
For further information on how we help organisations to develop and implement sustainable ways of working, please contact our Sustainability Director, Susie.Tomson@pcsg.co.uk